Tuesday, May 17, 2016

DCWV Hey Sailor! with May card sketch

This is my first ever spinner card!  I was inspired by my friend Theresa's blog hop this past weekend featuring spinner cards.  They looked so cool so I watched the tutorial.  It didn't seem that hard and it really wasn't!  I have been wanting to play along with DCWV, so this spinner and their sketch were a perfect match!


I am not tech savvy enough to do a video, so I am showing several pics of the card with the wheel in different areas around the spinner.



The base of my card is the DCWV paper (navy with polka dots), I used white card stock for the top layer and cut the circles with my circle cutter removing .25" between the two.  I layered more navy and white paper from the DCWV stack using the sketch.  I stamped, embossed and colored my image.  I popped the entire "top" of the card on pop dots to give the penny room to move.



Here's their sketch.  I couldn't put my embellishments along the rail of the spinner so I placed them up top to stand out more against the white card stock.


Here's a close up of the penny spinning mechanism really just pennies and pop dots!  amazing!  I do suggest purchasing round pop dots.  I only had square so I snipped the corners off to round it a bit and shook it up like the video illustrated to round off the corners.  The easiest way would be to just use round ones to start.



Ingredients:
DCWV Hey Sailor! paper pad
stamps: ODBD Smooth Sailing, CTMH Seaside Greetings, SU Hello Sailor
Mix'd Media Indigo ink and Wow Clear embossing powder
AC Brown Sugar ink and Recollections clear bark and champagne embossing powders
Quick Quotes Navy chalking ink
SU scallop circle punch
CM circle cutter and navy pen
two pennies and some pop dots

I am entering this in the following challenges:







Top Ten!!!


I tickled their fancy!



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia






21 comments:

  1. Awesome take on the sketch!! A Fantastic card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Awesome card, love the spinner element.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and a spinner card too! The recipient will LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog. Hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful! I love the navy and white colour scheme and those shells are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautifully designed card. Love the papers. They really show off the image. Very elegant. It's always fun to challenge ourselves with a new technique, isn't it? Thank you for joining our "stitching" challenge this week at Crafty Cardmakers!
    :)Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love the fun spinner element ;o) Thank you for joining our „Stitching - Real or Faux“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch with a real fun factor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! You ROCKED the sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic card, Alicia! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice work
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card! I always thing "male" cards as so much harder to create. Love not only the sketch you have used but also how you have incorporated a spinner into it! Great work and thank you for playing along with us over at Use Your Stuff - Hugs DT Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your use of pattern and a great spinner twist to this elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is just awesome! I have never made a spinner card ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the USE YOUR STUFF Challenge Blog! We hope to see you again next week!

    Darlene
    USE YOUR STUFF
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I love the masculine feel and the spinner is perfect with that sketch. Thanks for playing in the Shopping our Stash sounds of the sea challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous spinner card! I love your stitching for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Alicia! Congratulations - check out the DCWV blog for the May winners gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! This card is amazing, I love the design of it, the colours, the sailboat, all of it. Then add to it that it is a spinner card...OMG brilliant, wonderful, stunning, I love it!

    ReplyDelete