Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Butterfly Napkin Cards

Hello, I promised a while ago I would show off some more of my napkin cards and how I created them.  The first card is here if you want to go back and take a look.  I created these for a card swap.  I had never tried the technique but have been wanting to for some years.


Here's a close up.



Here is how I made the napkin pieces:
  • Separate the napkin into the thinnest piece possible and cut into manageable pieces.  There are usually at least three layers.
  • Run an A2 (or any size you chose) piece of white card stock through the Xyron.
  • Adhere the napkin to the sticky side of your card stock and smooth out any wrinkles.
  • Run the piece through the Xyron once again with the adhesive on top of the decorative side.
  • Carefully remove the sticky napkin and sprinkle with fine clear glitter (or try a color?)
  • Press down/rub to really get good adhesion and shake off any excess glitter.
  • Trim your glitter napkin card stock piece to the desired size (or shape~try die cutting!)

I layered the glitter napkin on some colored card stock.  I finished my cards up with some die cut pieces, a stamped sentiment and a 3-D butterfly sticker.





Another close up.  The turned out so pretty.



Ingredients:
Xyron machine and supplies
napkin and glitter
K & Co butterfly sticker
Tim Holtz Sizzix grunge die
The Stamp Doctor sentiment
Versamark ink
Recollections purple metallic embossing powder
Kiwi Lane template 
white and pink shimmer card stock
Quick Quotes pink chalking ink

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - the glittered napkin makes a great background.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful..Love all the glitter..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete