Friday, June 16, 2017

Quick Quotes Father's Day cards

Good morning! Alicia here today with some Father's Day inspiration.  I made these two cards for my father and father in law, I love the woodgrain paper so much I used it on both cards.  

This first one I sent to my dad.  I started with the image, a water brush and an assortment of Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks.  I used the same water brush to color all the image and the background.  I love how the water color effect made a really great sky and grass in one layer.  The tractor's red took a few layers of ink to get the color more vibrant.  



I then layered my water colored image on a few die cut layers of papers from several different collections:  Adventure Awaits Paper Pack, 49 Shades of Grey, and Urban Oasis.  I stamped and die cut my sentiment.  I inked all the edges generously and added some finishing touches of fiber, button and metal embellishments.



My second card is for my father in law.  I think he will enjoy this one very much.  He always saves my cards.  On this image I used several blue hues of Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalking inks and a water brush to create just the "old" blue color I was looking for in this image.  I complimented the image with blue papers from various collections of Quick Quotes papers


I stamped my sentiment, die cut some pieces and added some unique fiber.  I inked all the edges and adhered the pieces down to my card base. I touched some of the "metal" pieces of the truck with a metallic silver pen for some finer detail.


Quick Quotes Products used:



other ingredients:
fiber and floss
button and metal embellishments
masculine stamped images
Spellbinders label die
Our Daily Bread stitched star and pierced oval dies
Frantic Stamper stitched corner cut tag die
Ranger black onyx ink
Judikins clear embossing powder
Mix'd Media Denim ink

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulpous cards .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card,great coloring and design...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful masculine cards. Thanks for joining our weekly QKR Stampede challenge!

    ReplyDelete