Friday, June 9, 2017

Thank you deer

Good morning!  Alicia here today.  I have been in need of some new masculine cards, so I pulled out some nice masculine papers and started cutting.  I made several panels with Frantic Stamper Stitched Corner cut tags, my new favorite die set.  I began with an A2 piece of printed paper and made my cuts in the center so I could use the negatives.  I love a die that gives you two usable pieces.  Since the stitching is on both sides this die provides a wonderful frame.  I used the frame from the largest die to begin my card.  I popped it up to add dimension.  I kept the cut for another card and layered more cuts with the same set inside.




I then selected papers for my decorative die.  Unfortunately, this set is sold out but there are so many deer dies in the store...here's the closest to the one I used:  Frantic Stamper Deer Bust.  I have already made a couple of Father's Day cards this year, so I choose to use a simple thank you.  I stamped my sentiment on a banner included in the set.  I inked all the edges and my woodsy masculine card is complete!


Dies R Us Products:

Image result for spellbinders deer die set
Spellbinders D-lites Aristocrat

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Stitched Corner-cut Tags
Frantic Stamper Stitched Corner cut tags
Other ingredients:
The Paper Loft 6x6 papers Huckleberry Pond
Close to My Heart sentiment stamp @ least 2 years old
Distress ink Walnut stain
clear embossing powder
Quick Quotes Amaretto chalking ink 


I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/126-animal.html  until 6/12 (2of3)x

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-make-masculine/  until 6/13

http://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2017/06/challenge-64-anything-goes.html  until 6/16x

http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/2017/06/190-for-special-manboy-or-fathers-day.html until 6/17x

http://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/challenge-38-for-menboys.html  until 6/30x

http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2017/06/connie-can-crop-monthly-challenge-59.html until 6/30x

Alicia


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Fabulous mix of papers and fantastic die cut layers! Thank you for joining in with our Special Man/Boy Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just saw your message on Die Cuttin' Diva that you would be interested in being a Guest Diva. Send me a message on FB or my email (coachfans at cox dot net) and I can get you scheduled. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Good luck.
    Bye,Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm textures and comforting feel of the masculine papers you've combined in this card. The die is indeed a fabulous one! It's a very cool masculine card. I'm just not sure of the age of your stamp, which we like to know at Retro Rubber. Perhaps you could let us know? Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Such a wonderful design!! Love this!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia, another excellent card, I really like all the patterns and layers, work so well together. Thanks for playing twice at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the combination of papers you used here! And those dies are nice, too! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge, "It's a Guy Thing". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to combine papers to make a perfectly masculine card! Thank you for playing along with us a Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all the little touches here! Great coordination! Thanks for joining the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Its perfect for this "manyly" theme! Thanks for joining us at Connie Can Crop!

    ReplyDelete