Saturday, August 12, 2017

Catch a wave blog hop


No automatic alt text available.
Welcome to the 
Catch A Wave
Blog Hop

Cowabunga Dude!! Grab your sunscreen, your surf board and join us as we search for that perfect wave in this Catch A Wave Blog Hop! It's sure to be gnarly!!

You should have arrived from Amanda
but if you need to catch the first wave in
Connie Can Crop is the beginning of this epic summer blog hop

This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.



We have an awesome sponsor for this month!
No automatic alt text available.

One lucky winner will win 3 digital images of your choice

Be sure to check out her shop online HERE
Visit her on facebook HERE


What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 8/23/17
at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

Hang Ten Dudes and Dudettes!!

I made two versions of this card basically using two different sentiments.
I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest.  I used Distress inks and a water color brush to create he scene inside the circle.  I cut the circle with Spellbinders nesting dies so there is a nice embossed line in the exact center.  I used a wood grain paper and wood dots to create the porthole effect.



And the second one which is actually the first one.  I wasn't as pleased with the ocean and sky.  I used a slightly different colors for the sky on this one.  I also used the stamped image as the palette on this one so the waves are less distinct.  On the one above I stamped the image and picked up more ink from the pad to fill in the light parts of the ocean.  The birds turned out better on this one.




Ingredients:
Distress inks:  Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Faded jeans (oxide)
Stamplorations True North (lighthouse quote)
Our Daily Bread Designs (waves quote)
Stampin Up High Tide
Spellbinders circle dies
Woodgrain paper
Quick Quotes Adventure Awaits paper
wood embellishments
misc papers

Now SURF on over to Angela's blog


Here's our amazing line up in case you get lost:


Connie Can Crop Challenge #61
Watercolors
due 11:59 P.M., Thursday, August 31st, 2017

Pacific Time

16 comments:

  1. Well, these are just beautiful! I love both backgrounds and that porthole looks like the real thing! The sentiments on both are great. Always fun hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I'm a sucker for lighthouses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, what a gorgeous card! THe porthole is soooo realistic! I miss hopping with you and hope to come back soon! Keep up the good work! Christi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, Alicia!! I love lighthouses. Very creative background you made!!

    Sue
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved the port hole and your light house. So many details. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards!! You did such a beautiful job! Thanks for joining me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. I love the light house and the sentiment. Tfs and for hopping with us. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards!! Beautiful backgrounds!! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop. Yes, I do realize I already commented but I'm back as part of the DT. :)

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work!! I love the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. both cards are awesome! You did a fantastic job Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, fantastic watercolouring of your seashore scene.
    Thank you for sharing your card at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete