Friday, August 11, 2017

Karen Burniston Snowman/Soccer Pop Up card

Good morning, Alicia here today, getting geared up for school and fall sports.  My son has played soccer since he was 3 so this card will be for him.  Last month I purchased the some of the latest Karen Burniston die sets.  I am so pleased with these sets.  Of course with any new die, I cut all the pieces first on plain white card stock.  This tip is especially helpful with a pop up die to familiarize oneself with the mechanism.  It is really so awesome to have such a handy pop up in a die. I can't wait to create more fun cards with this set.





So this die set contains all the elements for a snowman, but it is basically just circles with a few snowman accessories.  As soon as I saw it in person, I knew a soccer ball would work great in the pop up.  Isn't so fun?




The set comes with plenty of circles for layering.  I used a soccer ball shaker sticker in the center layer on a circle embossed like soccer netting and finally layered a stitched die of "grass" and one more black layer for pop!




The  Die Versions Soccer border die is no longer available (it was one of my first purchases from Dies R Us). I do have some helpful tips that would work with any number of dies.  This is only one die but I created a multilayered piece.  I did this by cutting the die several times in different papers.  No need to waste paper, when I only need the cones, I placed a small piece of orange paper just large enough to cut out the cones.  Same with the tiny sliver of "reflective" tape, with these tiny pieces I put them in place and used a tape runner on the back side to hold the slivers in place.  Once I was done piecing the cuts back together, I popped up the cones and ball on pop dots for extra dimension.

 Dies R Us Products used:
 Karen Burniston - Dies - Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up

 Frantic Stamper - Dies - Stitched Grassy Hill Edgers

other ingredients:
Creative Memories Soccer paper and stickers
Shaker soccer sticker
Fiskars border punch
solid colored and white card stock
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions chalking ink


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store
 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below : 



Click below for:


1 comment:

  1. What a particularly cool soccer card! That is a really fun die! Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete