Friday, April 1, 2016

Pretty Plum Birthday card with a Judikins mica gloss background

It took me a couple of days to complete this card, I picked the back ground which I made a while ago, I found a great sketch but I got stuck on the sentiment.  Then I saw a birthday challenge and settled on Happy Birthday.  I pulled out my new Stampin Up stamp set Sky is the Limit and used a new birthday sentiment.  The font is really pretty.



A close up of the gorgeous background.  Judikins Mica Gloss is absolutely gorgeous and so pearly!



Ingredients:
Hand made background using Judikins Mica gloss
Our Daily Bread Designs stitched retangle die
Stampin Up sentiment from Sky is the Limit
Mix'd Media Jasmine pigment ink
Recollections Snow embossing powder
plum and white card stock
doily and pearls
Quick Quotes Plum Crazy chalking ink

I loved this sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge and knew immediately I wanted to work with it.



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.ca/2016/03/sketch-153.html until 4/2x

http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2016/03/pio-104-stitching-with-bugaboo.html until 4/2x

http://www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/2016/03/just-purple-card-challenge.html until 4/3x

http://www.trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2016/03/challenge-357-31st-of-march-create-your.html until 4/4x

http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/favourite-line-on-our-bingo-board-and.html until 4/4x
I chose the center horizontal row.  Purple is one of my favorite colors (along with green), I probably used a die or punch on every single item I make so they must be a favorite technique, and I just love to add a touch of lace in this card I used a doily.



http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/152-aud-sentiments-6th-birthday.html until 4/10x

http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/monochrome.html until 4/11x

http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com/2016/03/challenge-123-dt-call.html until 4/11x

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that gorgeous background and the doily! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background! I love the design of your card, - so pretty.
    Great to have you joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card Alicia. Loving your background paper, lovely mottled colours. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Alicia. I love the background and the doily!!! Thanks for playing at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to get my hands on some of this mica gloss - it makes a gorgeous background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cards in Envy. Always appreciate your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great personalized background paper, and love all the purple. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Alicia, what a pretty card! Love the background, your interpretation of that sketch, and that lovely font. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the doily... perfect touch... thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Alicia! That background is gorgeous and I love the font on the birthday sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classically beautiful card!! I love it! Great job. TY for playing along at Atlantic Hearts! Great to have you. ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant! The background is breathtaking! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this time around :)
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a simple and elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Jess -DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project perfect for our Make Your Own Background challenge at Craft this week. Good luck and hope to see you next week.
    Aunty Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Alicia. I looooove your background and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete