Monday, April 4, 2016

Uncharted Territory Masculine Birthday card

This is a masculine card I made for my son's 16th birthday.  He loved it. I knew I would get a lot of use out of the Outdoor Man Cricut cartridge.



The inside:


I have the funniest story about this arrow.  I wanted to use this die this past weekend.  I couldn't find it.  I have my movers and shapers stuck to the inside of my die cart.  It wasn't there.  Hmmm, I thought it was so small maybe I knocked it outside of the cart.  I cleaned all around on the floor.  I emptied all nearby containers in case it fell inside.  I did find a thin die I knew had flipped off my magnet lined over the door cabinet.  That was a plus, but still did not find this arrow!  I cleaned all under a table, I pulled out bins and tubs.  I wanted to make sure it didn't fall behind in the old location of the mover and shapers.  I knew I had used it since I organized my die cutting cart!  I managed to find an arrow punch for my project but I was completely disturbed that I could NOT find this arrow. Finally, I adjourned to bed and my laptop to work on blog post. Tada!  I am planning this post and I used this arrow!  I knew immediately where it was!  I ran upstairs to my check and sure enough, the die was still stuck in the middle of this die!!!  At least I found it in one day?!

Here is a picture of the organized die cut cart.  I covered it with duct tape.


Another pic of the layers of neutral papers I used on this outdoor scene.


Ingredients:
Cricut Outdoor Man cart
misc card stock: wood grain, camo, kraft
Quick Quotes Java
Tim Holtz mover and shapers die cuts
sticker tag and twine

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


A=Alpha, Arrow




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. oh WOW, that's incredibly cool, what a great "guy card"! (plus bonus points for the inside being equally fab!) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and just right for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Good Luck, come join us again next Saturday. Debbie X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic outdoor scene! Love the story about your arrow die. I lost a particular favourite happy birthday stamp weeks ago, would you like to come over and help me find it?? I know I put it somewhere safe - UGH!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "For The Biggest Boys" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a special and wonderful masculine creation! I bet your son utterly loved it! I love that it's a card, a keeper for sure. You should consider turning it into the front cover of an album for his adventures! It's wonderful!! Too funny about the die hunt, I do this far too often to admit! I do really need to work on my organisation!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at Sweet Stampin' and we hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great masculine card, I love the scene you've created - I bet your son loved it. This is perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete