Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Favorite Things Camp Create Partial Die cutting card

Good afternoon readers, I know two post in one day!  But I have 5 different challenges to post in the next couple of days, before the deadline over at My Favorite Things for their Camp Create challenges.


After making two shaker cards, I decided I should only make one for each of the challenges.  So this is my first ever try at partial die cutting.  I already know several things I will do better next time. This one is another CAS as I was trying to get through the techniques and kept in my this was camp and my project didn't have to be perfect.  I am OCD so it is a bit hard to deal with. 


For this particular card, I would make the "sky" more of the card and the attached part less.  A MISTI is on my wish list, that would have made a much better impressions.  You can barely see the clouds in the background.  I did love the textured yellow papers I used for the sun and inked up with Quick Quotes chalking inks.



I noticed that you can't exactly tell that this is a partial cut because I die cut the exact cut all the way through in yellow and placed it on top.

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Persian Motifs
Impression Obsession clouds stamp
Recollections Vintage Blue ink
Close to my heart Rain or Shine sentiment
Stampin Up Crushed Curry
Creative Imaginations brad
misc textured papers and white card stock
Quick Quotes Desert Sun and Rusty Nail


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia


5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty...the sun reminds me of those lace like cookies you can get (not remembering what called) but so so great on the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your die cut sun in it's blue sky, what a great idea. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea, so effective. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a lovely card with a fab sun, such a good idea! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, very creative sun and lovely sentiment. I would love a MISTI also but it is sooooooooooo expensive.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete