Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Close to My Heart Candlelight Garden Thanks Bunches

I made this card for a swap in which I am participating.  It was a "roll the dice" swap to determine the basics of your card.  I rolled Pink, Mint Green and Pale Yellow for the colors.  I rolled for "stamping" image only.  I rolled for embellishment washi tape and finally for theme I rolled "Thank You".  I was pressed to find a place for the washi although I had plenty of pretty matching colors.  I decided to place it behind the sentiment so it would show up on the white.



Last month I participated in the see through swap and still had the acetate handy.  I actually used left over pieces from that swap for this swap.  I had several remnants that were just perfect for the jars.  I did have to use a new sheet for the flowers. But that made it easy to stickle since they were all together and I could set one piece aside to dry.



I used two of the ODBD stitched rectangles to create the frame.  I was left with the inside stitched pink mat and another frame outside.  I have so many of them, I will have to design cards using those pieces now.


My flowers were inspired by a card I received in the see through swap last month.  This was made by Marcy, she doesn't have a blog or I would link it.  I have been swapping with her for a least a year and she does great work!


Here are my flowers.  Since my colors were pastels, I didn't go with the same sunflower but hers is lovely.



I am just in love with my new word dies, I purchased some Sizzix and some Impression Obsession sets.  I love them all!



Ingredients:
Close to My Heart Candlelight Garden stamp set
Staz-On Jet Black
Acetate
washi tape
Impression Obsession Everyday Phrases die
Our Daily Bread Designs stitched rectangles dies
white  and pink card stock
Alcohol markers
Stickles: Distress Bundled Sage, Recollections Sunflower and Distress Spun Sugar






I would like to enter this in the following challenges:









Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

11 comments:

  1. Great jam jar design Alicia, I love your sparkly flower technique. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something so appealing about flowers in a simple jam jar, really pretty! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many wonderful elements to your card! I love the glittery flowers and rectangular stitched frame. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge blog--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie--ATSM--DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you have used and the added sparkle. Thanks for joinig. AAA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks just super! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the seetrough prints are realy interesting! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project, thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks bunches for sharing your beautiful piece with us over at TIOT this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, Alicia! I love those flowers! Thank you for joining the Paper Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete