Monday, July 24, 2017

Let Hope Lighthouse card with emboss resist

Hello, today I am showing off a recent card I made for an emboss resist swap.  I was experimenting with some Distress specialty paper versus Judikins matte coated paper.  Essentially they are the same, but I did find the brand labeled distress made for more vivid colors.  I used a sponge dauber to apply the inks.  Since, I created half a dozen cards, I am not sure which card this is but by the vibrancy I would say the Distress specialty paper.  I like both papers and will continue to use both but for different applications.



I layered the stitched die cut panel on top of a layer of kraft for extra pop on top of a white card base.  A note about my card base paper.  I was buying Recollections card stocks from Michael's.  I found that brand to be thin and flimsy.  It definitely doesn't take distressing well.  I save the white now for layers and am trying to use up any colors I have on layers as well.  After much research I ended up with a nice heavy bright white card stock from Sam's (Georgia Pacific Image Plus Premium card stock 110 lb/92 bright).  I purchased by the ream for around $10 (I think under) but a ream last so long even for a person like me who produces cards on a weekly basis.  I am very pleased with it but it is not really made for water coloring either...hence my experimentation with specialty papers for distressing and water coloring techniques.  



Ingredients:
Specialty Distress paper
Close to My Heart Seaside Greetings
Our Daily Bread Designs double stitched rectangles
Stampin Up High Tide
Colorbox Aqua ink
Clear embossing powder
Distress inks:  Antique Linen and Broken China
kraft card stock


15 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice card. Thank you for joining us.
    Gr. Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia, oh what a super card you have created. Love your scene and soft colour tone looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Alicia, really love your simple design and sentiment. Perfect for our OLL challenge, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the encouraging sentiment and lovely colors. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the emboss resist and the beautiful sentiment. The stitching die around the outside adds the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing and the background of the lighthouse is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice card. Thanks for joining our challenge at 2Sistersontheblog.

    http://2sistersontheblog.blogspot.nl
    https://caroline-creaties.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. This came out so beautiful. I love how the watercoloring came out. Its perfect for the Cards in Envy challenge. Thanks so much for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing what you've discovered with the various papers, too. Thanks so much for joining us at H2H for the "In Stitches" challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your emboss resist. Thanks for playing along with the Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a peaceful beautiful card, love the resist. Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um...why have I never thought to sponge in two-tone for a scene like this??? Love it! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One word...STUNNING! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete