Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Star Spangled Star ~ Happy Independence Day!


Happy Independence Day to all!  I hope you are having a good holiday!  I dislike the fact it is on Tuesday this year, as I had to work yesterday and tomorrow.  Wouldn't it have been dandy to take off Monday? I am sure some of you got to do just that.  I did get to knock off a couple of hours early at least.  I have not posted in a few days but that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work on design team projects and previous commitments.  I really like to get them all out of the way before I play with other challenges.  I still have a couple of swaps to do but I was playing with some stars and stripes and had to make more cards than I needed...here is one of them.



I just purchased this stamp a month or so ago at an antique store.  I often check out thrift and antique stores, I had been eyeing a bin of stamps at this store for a while but I just felt they were too pricey...and let's be honest, do I NEED anymore stamps?  No, did I buy some yesterday at a thrift store, yes...  Anyway, this one was really neat and the price was right when they were reduced 50%.  I bought about 6 or 7, some great sympathy sentiments that my collection could use and this one.  I was just enamored with the lyrics in the star and own very few 4th of July stamps.  Buying with purpose!  Now yesterday's purchases maybe not so much..

Here's the ingredients I used:
Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer 6x6
Our Daily Bread Designs Double stitched star dies
Kiwi Lane templates Mini Madison 2A &2B
Stampabilities Star Spangled Star
Quick Quotes Navy and Barn Board chalking inks

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:







Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great holiday!

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. Love it! hey Everyone needs more stamps... right! Thanks for playing along with us at Always Fun Challenges! happy 4th of July!!
    DT Waleska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July from across The Pond, Alicia. Fabulous card, the star stamp is stunning and makes a great focal point. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July to you!
    Love your card, the stars, the stripes, just awesome!!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Flag Day challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, love the pattern stars with the faux stitched edges. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely GORGEOUS card, every detail is just so totally RIGHT! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (patriotic!) STASH with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful patriotic card! Love the stars and the great stamp you found. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That star stamp is fabulous... I'm way jealous of your find! Thanks for sharing a couple wonderful patriotic cards with SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and have been searching for that star stamp ever since!

    ReplyDelete