Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My Cup runneth over...Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

2017 fall hop 

I managed to design one more quick coffee card last night.  I have long wanted to create a card with a coffee cup ring.  I do not own such a stamp so I improvised.  I inked up the bottom of a glass with a little water involved and just twisted the glass on a piece of paper.  I supposed that is about as realistic as I can get.  I did use a stamp for the splatter.




Once I inked up the stamp, I added a little water to it and it made an actual splat!  So again pretty realistic except I was using Ground Espresso Distress ink instead of coffee.  I used my MISTI to perfectly position the sentiment in the middle of my ring and stamp it several times for good coverage.




Close ups of my handy work:


Ingredients:
Ground Espresso Distress ink and paint
Stamplorations Literary Caffeine-ations sentiment
Recollections Splat stamps
Our Daily Bread Designs Double Stitched Rectangle dies 
Creative Memories papers
brown card stock

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

 http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2017/09/2017-fall-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/ until 9/22x

http://cheerfulsketcheschallenge.blogspot.nl/2017/09/september-challenge.html  until 9/28x




http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2017/09/sentimentsquotes.html  until 10/1x

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

17 comments:

  1. where there is a will there is a way right? I think that is so brilliant, and I love the sentiment too! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and your fabulous sentiment. That's actually the name of my blog (My Cup Runneth Over). THanks for sharing your sweet card.
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, love all the different panels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun this is and so creative!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alicia this is just AWESOME!!!! I love it!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sentiments & Quotes’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, your inking technique gives the cup ring frame a real 3D effect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Alicia - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Alicia! I love the design sketch that you used. The touch of blue looks great with the "coffee" colors! Very creative ink splat. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Quote" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, love the sentiment

    Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftines.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Cheerful Sketches.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
    Ditta (DT)

    ReplyDelete